Updated: January 9, 2020
By visiting the Site, or using our Service, you agree that your Personal Data and Crop Water Data will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Service, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The FloraPulse Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
What Personal Data Do We Collect About You and Why?
We may collect Personal Data about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Service.
Information We Collect Directly from You. Certain areas and features of our Site and Service may require registration. For example, to register for our Service, you must provide your name, the name of your company, email address, street address, phone number and zip code. As part of our Service, we send our clients regular emails with Crop Water Data recorded through our Service.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from FloraPulse (except in connection with information, products or Service that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every broadcast email that is sent to you by FloraPulse. However, please note that if you do so, you will not receive regular reports of the Crop Water Data.
Information We May Receive from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Site or our Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” adding a FloraPulse application or linking your account to our Service, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to FloraPulse. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service. You may also unlink your third party account from our Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Service to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Service.
- To administer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions we may conduct from time to time through the Site.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Service on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Service and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including Personal Data and Crop Water Data, as follows:
- We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries. However, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Data and Crop Water Data will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers and Business Partners. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, agents or business partners who perform functions on our behalf or otherwise as reasonably necessary to provide the Service to you.
- Business Transfers. We may buy or sell/divest/transfer our company (including any shares in our company), or any combination of our products, services, assets and businesses. Your information, such as customer names and email addresses, Crop Water Data and other user information related to the Site and Service, may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of our company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which FloraPulse is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
- Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies and Other Tracking Technology. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools. To learn more about cookies, web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do Not Track. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “Do Not Track” signals from your browser.
Our Site and Service may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Types of Crop Water Data We Collect
FloraPulse collects Crop Water Data when our hardware is deployed on your property. Crop Water Data includes data relating to stem water potential from the crop field in which it is installed on your Property, and such other data that FloraPulse may from time to time decide to collect or provide through the Service.
Use of Your Crop Water Data
Crop Water Data we collect is primarily used to provide information and reports to users of our Service. Crop Water Data is also used by FloraPulse personnel to answer questions that customers may have about their account and to develop and improve our products. FloraPulse may also aggregate Crop Water Data across multiple properties and accounts, and use this data to create and publish industry benchmarks or comparative application performance metrics, to show water usage trends in certain geographical locations, and for research and other purposes. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Crop Water Data as described in this Policy.
Security of My Personal Data and Crop Water Data
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the Personal Data and Crop Water Data information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Data?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. We will process opt-out requests as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
Location and Storage of Information
FloraPulse controls and operates the Site from locations in the United States. By using the Site and Service, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data and Crop Water Data to the United States.
Children Under 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as users of our Site or Service. Our Service is not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Site or Service or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mailing address is 170 Louise Lane, Davis, CA 95618.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect the changes in our business and practices, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at https://www.florapulse.com/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the Personal Data and Crop Water Data we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site and will update the ‘Updated’ date at the top of this page.